Now loading.
Please wait.


Annexure L Affidavit For Passport

Owing to a slew of changes in the passport provisions by the Ministry of External Affairs, we have discontinued all passport related services till we update the website with new forms. We regret the Inconvenience.

Annexure L is an affidavit that needs to be made by any person who has lost or damaged his or her passport. This Annexure in the form of affidavit needs to be submitted along with the passport application.

How To Make An Annexure L Affidavit?

To make Annexure L you need to follow these steps:

  • Fill the Annexure that is available online
  • Get it printed on a Stamp paper of minimum available denominations like Rs.10/- or 20/-
  • Sign the affidavit at the bottom of the last page
  • Get it attested by a First Class Magistrate or Executive Magistrate or Notary Public.

Who Should Make The Annexure L Affidavit?

Annexure L affidavit is required to be submitted at the time of applying for a passport if your old passport is lost or damaged. Hence the following persons can utilise Annexure L affidavits:

  • Person who has lost his/her passport
  • Person whose passport has got damaged in any ways
  • Person who wants to apply for a new passport under the above circumstances.

What Are The Details To Be Filled?

Annexure L affidavit should contain the following details:

  • The name, Father’s name and address of the applicant
  • Details of how and when the passport was lost
  • Details of FIR lodged
  • Name of the police station where the FIR is lodged
  • Number of passports that were lost or damaged earlier
  • Whether you have traveled on the lost or damaged passport
  • You need to mention the flight number in which you traveled using the lost or damaged passport
  • You need to mention the date of your entry into India, using the lost or damaged passport
  • Mention the name of the port through which you entered India
  • You need to give details of any concessions or allowances you availed of in the journey
  • You should mention whether you are a non-resident Indian residing abroad and the details of your residence abroad

Create Your Own Annexure L Online

If you have lost or damaged your passport and wish to apply for a new one, then you need to definitely make an Annexure L that needs to be submitted along with the passport.

But making affidavits for passport is truly a tiresome task. It is time consuming. There may be agents who can promise you to get it done for exorbitant fees. LegalDesk offers a helping hand for the common man who needs to get his legal work done sitting at home and by the click of some keys.

Just click the link below and make your Annexure L online without delay. We will deliver it to you along with the Stamp Paper.

    Poornima says: posted on 20 Jul, 2017

    Rs. 20, 50, 100.. It depends on the Affidavit that is being made

    Awdhesh says: posted on 28 Jun, 2017

    I need to get the affidavits L for Loss of passport and affidavit to get my spouse name encluded in the passport. Please let me know how to proceed at legal desk to make affidavit

    Awdhesh says: posted on 18 Jun, 2017

    I wanted to get affidavit L for loss of my passport made through you and delivered. Please let me know how to start with.
    Thank you

    Richard says: posted on 12 Jun, 2017

    what is the minimum stamp paper value required for this affidavit in Karnataka

    Allwin Mathew says: posted on 07 Apr, 2017


    LegalDesk Team says: posted on 27 Mar, 2017

    In case you had lost or got your passport earlier and got it replaced, you will have to enter it. If this is the first time you are facing such an issue, then enter a zero.

    Umesh says: posted on 21 Mar, 2017

    I have a query of the affidavit to be given while applying for “Re-Issue” of passport against a “Lost Passport”.
    What does the question “Number of passports that were lost or damaged earlier” mean?

    Poornima says: posted on 08 Feb, 2017

    Yes, you are right. You can get more details here –

    treeforall says: posted on 11 Jan, 2017

    as new rule dont need to do affidavit just type on simple paper and sign it. easy

    Name change after marriage says: posted on 23 Nov, 2015

    […] If you’ve changed your name successfully, the next step would be to notify your bank, hospitals and other important institutions about this change. If you held a passport previously, you may want to replace Father’s name with Husband’s name. Thankfully, we have a ready to use affidavit for changing your name in your passport. […]

    How To Replace A Damaged Indian Passport says: posted on 23 Nov, 2015

    […] L submit along with your application form. Thankfully, you can create one from home using our pre-drafted Annexure L form. We also have the option to mail the stamp paper printed version of Affidavit L to an address of […]

post comment