Now loading.
Please wait.


Affidavit For One And The Same Person

Although uncommon, there are some instances when papers issued by Govt. misspell our names or other details. It may seem like a common mistake but its repercussions are many. If your name is spelled inconsistently in different documents, some officials may reject it. Although it is possible to get it corrected, it may be simpler to just make an affidavit saying that you are indeed the person being mentioned in a certain document. That is what the affidavit for one and the same person is for.

How To Create An Affidavit When You Are Known By Two Variations in Name

Normally, such an affidavit would be drafted by a lawyer so the deponent must approach a lawyer with the documents where his/her name has been incorrectly printed. The lawyer then drafts an affidavit for you, prints it on Stamp paper and gets you to swear it before an official with the power to witness an oath.

This method may not be suitable for everyone especially folks who are super busy. LegalDesk offers ready to use, pre-drafted agreements that can be created in a few minutes. All you need to do is fill in your details and then do a thorough review. After that, you can either print it yourself on Stamp paper or you can let us handle that part and send you a Stamp paper printed copy.

When Do You Need To Make Name Change Affidavit

There are many cases when you need to make an affidavit to handle name discrepancies.

  1. Name differs in certificates issues in school or colleges.
  2. Middle or last name is missing
  3. Name is misspelt by mistake or during translation from local language to English
  4. Initial is missing or not expanded
  5. You just what to change your name for numerological reasons
  6. Name change after marriage
  7. Name change after divorce, change in religion, or personal preferences

This affidavit should be used when your name has been differently entered in various documents due to some errors like deletion of a letter or addition of any letter etc. If you are changing your name and discarding the old name, please use our Affidavit for Change of Name

What Should Be Included In The Affidavit?

Ideally, an affidavit for one and the same person should include the following details:

  1. The original name of the deponent
  2. Changed name of the deponent
  3. Document in which the change occurs
  4. Deponent’s relevant personal details
  5. Declaration stating that there is no fraud or misrepresentation in the affidavit

How To Make It Legally Enforceable And Valid?

The procedure to make this affidavit legally valid is no different from that of validating other affidavits. The deponent must prepare the affidavit and print it on Stamp paper of recommended value and swear before an official who has the authority to witness and validate oaths. Once both the deponent and the official who witnessed the oath signs the affidavit, it is considered legally valid.

Create Now

For those of you who have neither the time nor the money to go about getting this done by a lawyer, LegalDesk will provide you with templates that are lawyer verified. All you need to do is simply fill in your details and pay a nominal fee. We also have the provision to print your affidavit on Stamp paper and mail it to an address you request. Try it now!

  • Rajesh

    Currently I m in Kolkata but my resident proof is of Delhi … Can I make an affidavit from different city … Will it validate I want to apply for visa need my bank statement.. bank account is under the name of Rajesh Karmakar and in passport it has Rajesh Kumar

  • Zaid Hakim

    Hello sir, my name in my birth certificate is Mohammed Zaid Fazalbhai Hakim , which is written in Gujarati language. Apart from this in all the rest of documents like SSC HSC Leaving certificate my name is Zaid Fazalmahemud Hakim. I need to change my name in birth certificate . Please help me , what should I do? My age is 20 years.

  • Rajkumar

    My name is Rajkumar in my certificates and in all documents but my home name is Nand Kishor. After death of my parents property transfers to me with my home name Nand kishor. My bank account is also with Nand Kishor name.
    Sir now I feel trouble because of only one ADHAAR with Rajkumar name. How can I use both name without change of name in property.

  • Hi Himmat, you have not mentioned about your voter ID card. If you don’t have any document proving your actual correct name, then it’s better you opt for a legal name change process. Since you are planning to apply for passport too, you can get it notified in gazette. You can either go for State Gazette (Maharashtra) or Central, we can help you with the latter –

  • Hi Swapna, you can just make a Name Correction Affidavit ( ) and you can produce the same if asked in future.

  • Since you are seeking govt job, it is advisable to get your name correction notified in Central Gazette. You can avail our Name Change Package for the same –

  • Hi Ashutosh, you will need to make an Affidavit for one and the same person. How is your name printed in your other important documents like Voter ID, PAN card etc, if you have one?

  • Hi Ms. Khushboo, to update in Aadhaar card and Voter ID, you can use your marriage certificate. For other legal/ banking purposes, you will need a Name change after Marriage affidavit. You can also get it published in Central Gazette by availing our Name Change Package –

  • Khushboo Patel Sen

    hi sir my name khushboo patel but after marriage my name is khushboo sen what i do name for aadar card * voter ID card

  • Ashutosh Kumar

    My name in CBSE matriculation certificate is Ashutosh Kumar but in btech and mtech certificate is Ashutosh Kumar Das how to prove both same

  • swapna darshan Moharana

    hiii my name is “Swapnadarsan Moharana” in every document except in 10+2 certificate and mark sheet its “Swapnadarshan Moharana” .that is just one letter added is it required to make a affidavit if yes which one suitable for me…


    Hello, My name in SSC ,HSC and Degree marksheet is “PRASANNA KUMAR”,Whereas my name in my Aadhar card,domecile,caste certificate is “PRASANNAKUAMR DIGAMBER KAMBLE”which is my correct full name.Now, I want to fill government exam form ,I am confused which name i should use .Is it sufficient to make an affidavit to use my full name and also get my documents verified during interview.

  • Himmatsingh Rajpurohit

    I stay in Mumbai. My name in Ration card and Birth certificate is Himmat; in school leaving certificate it is Himmatsingh Purohit; and in Pan card, Aadhar card, 10th 12th 15th Marksheet my name is Himmat Purohit. However my actual name is Himmatsingh Rajpurohit. Now I have to correct my name in PAN card and Aadhar card to Himmatsingh Rajpurohit and also want to apply for Driving license and passport with my actual name. Is giving advertisement in Maharashtra gazatte online sufficient or I have to make one and the same person affidavit or I have to post any newspaper advertisement. Please help, I am confused.

  • Poornima

    Yes Madhav, it is sufficient for you to create an Affidavit For One And The Same Person. Make a few copies of the same so that it will be handy to be submitted wherever required.

  • madhav patel

    Hello,my name in DOB Certificate,10TH, 12 TH is Madhav kumar patel and in bank, pan, aadhar, college degree and passport it is Madhav Patel.Will same person afidavit is sufficient for me?

  • Pingback: Are You Planning to Notify your Name Change in Gazette?()

  • Pingback: Understanding Name Change Procedure In Kerala()

  • Pingback: Change Of Name Ahead? Get LegalDesk's Aid()

  • Pingback: How To Change Your Name Legally In Uttar Pradesh?()

  • Pingback: How To Place Name Change Ad In Gazette?()

  • Pingback: Simple Process For Change Of Name In Karnataka()

  • Pingback: Procedure For Legal Name Change In Mumbai, Maharashtra()

  • Pingback: How to create an Affidavit in India?()

  • Pingback: Changing Your Name in India - A 3 Steps Process()