What Is eSigning?
Electronic signature is an electronic enabled service that allows an Adhaar card holder to digitally sign a document. In case where a taxpayer chooses to electronically sign a document, they can enroll their GST applications via the GST common portal using eSign services.
eSigning is a new facility provided for enrolling GST. This will enable taxpayers to sign their enrollment using Digital Signature Certificate (DSC). However it is mandatory for some taxpayers to sign a document using DSC.
eSigning Using DSC Is Mandatory For:
- Private Limited Companies
- Public Sector Undertakings
- Unlimited Companies
- Foreign Companies
- Limited Liability Partnership; and
- Foreign Limited Liability Partnership
Taxpayers who do not fall under the above categories will be able to file their enrollment application without the use of DSC. Signing an enrollment application using eSigning will result in cost saving, no payment for DSC, and other procedure like registering for DSC will not be required.
How Does eSigning Work?
- Here are some steps to follow while eSigning your GST
- An eSigning portal will prompt taxpayers to enter Adhaar number of the authorized signatory.
- After verifying the Adhaar number, the registration portal will send a request to UIDAI system requesting an OTP.
- An OTP will be sent to your email and mobile number registered under Adhaar
- Taxpayers must enter OTP
- Enter OTP and submit enrolment application/ document
- eSigning process ends
This facility is not free but it ensure a speedy and easy process. It is mandatory to enroll your application either using DSC or eSign. Once the ‘Submit’ button is clicked, a new window pops up for a Declaration which will read:
“I hereby agree to authenticate myself using my AADHAAR through C-DAC eSign Service and affix my signature generated through eSign on the above Application Form”.
How To Obtain A DSC Service?
Digital Signature certificates can be directly obtained from any certifying authorities in India by
- Filing a requisite application form
- Attaching relevant documents; and
- Payment of specified fees
Certifying authorities have been granted license in order to issue a digital signature certificate under section 24 of the Indian IT Act 2000.
How To Register/Update DSC Service Under GST?
- Firstly, one must have the emSigner application installed on your system.
- Login to the GST Portal.
- Click on User-name on top right section of post-login page.
- Click on register/update DSC link under Quick Links section.
- Attach DSC dongle and open emSigner.
- Register/Update DSC landing page will have a drop-down with PANs of all the authorized signatories. Select your PAN from the drop-down.
- Enter your password to authorize registration
- DSC will be registered on the GST Portal
Different eSigning Ways To Register For GST?
1. Digital Signature Certificate (DSC):
DSC is considered to be the electronic format of hard copy paper formats. It can be presented electronically to prove one’s identity and to access information and services via the internet and enables taxpayers to sign certain documents digitally. In India, DSCs are issued only by authorized Certifying Authorities (CA).
2. Electronic Verification Code (EVC):
The Electronic Verification Code verifies the Identity of the user in the GST Portal by generating an OTP. The OTP will be sent to the user by SMS on the registered mobile number an e-mail address of the authorized signatory. In order to avail this service the user must have a valid Adhaar card and
- Valid Adhaar Card.
- Valid Mobile phone number registered with Adhaar database.
This is an electronic signature service in the country that helps facilitate an Adhaar holder to digitally sign a document. An OTP will be sent to the applicant to his/her registered mobile phone number and e-mail at the time of digitally signing documents via the GST Portal.
Want To Avail An eSign Service?
We at LegalDesk.com are delighted to offer eSign services to citizens of India which help you upload and sign documents in a quick and secure way. Not only is it cost-efficient and time-saving, It ensures you a more safer zone to eSign documents. You can register and get your GST Registration Certificate without having to leave your home or office. Start your GST experience by giving a missed call on +91 8867880075.