Now loading.
Please wait.


Newspaper Publication For Name Change

Have you been planning to change your name? If you are over 18 years of age and planning to change your name in India, then you will have to follow these three essential steps-

  1. Create an Affidavit For Name Change
  2. Publish your name change ad in a regional newspaper
  3. Apply for Gazette notification


At first, you will have to draft an affidavit for name change, print it on Stamp paper of state recommended value and get it attested by a Notary Public. Hoping that you have already taken the first step, we would like to guide you on the second prime step, which is Newspaper Publication of your name change ad. Here’s how you do it.

Details To Include In Newspaper Publication

A name change ad in a newspaper usually contains all these details listed below:

  1. Old name of the applicant
  2. New name of the applicant
  3. Father’s/Husband’s name
  4. Age of the applicant
  5. Address
  6. Number of the Affidavit for name change created prior by the applicant
  7. Date on which the affidavit was made
  8. Name Of Notary who has attested the affidavit

Newspaper Publication Of Name Change Ads

The name change ad placed in newspapers is mostly one big sentence which contains all the details related to your change of name. So kindly make sure that nothing important is skipped in the ad. Also double check the spellings and numbers mentioned in the ad.

Given below are few samples of name change ads published in newspapers.Name change ad

Time to Apply for Gazette Publication

After placing a newspaper ad about your name change, the next big step you will have to follow is to send your affidavit, newspaper ad original copy along with several other things required for Gazette Publication. To know more about the Gazette notification procedure and things to enclose with your application, please go through our article on Name Change Procedure in India.

Name Change Process Made Easy With LegalDesk’s Aid

If you don’t want to spend your much valuable time and effort in carrying out all these tasks to complete your name change procedure, LegalDesk is glad to help out. You can avail our Name Change package and we will complete most of the tasks involved. To avail our service, please click on the button below and place an order.

Get Content For Newspaper Publication

If you are worried about what details to include in your name change ad in newspaper, then LegalDesk offers you the most easiest solution. All you have to do is click the button below and fill in your details. You will get a copy of what has to be published in an instant, plus it’s free of cost.

    Veena G says: posted on 16 Feb, 2018

    after affidavit and name change ad, we have to change in pancard and adhaar card and then only apply for gazette right?

    Anonymous says: posted on 06 Feb, 2018

    How I correct my name. Removing of space in name.

    Poornima says: posted on 29 Jul, 2017

    Hi Krity, you probably need an affidavit and a newspaper ad. We would definitely help you with the two. Please submit your details here-

    krity says: posted on 29 Jul, 2017

    Hello, I want to change my name on passport from Krity to Krity Kukreja. And i want to follow the process and place an ad in newspaper. Please assist.


    Poornima says: posted on 29 Jul, 2017

    Hi Amrutha, we would be glad to help you with the rest of the process involved in your daughter’s name change. Click this link and submit your details- Under the Services section, you can choose Newspaper Publishing and Gazette Notification.

    Amrutha kalyani says: posted on 27 Jul, 2017

    Sir, actually I am trying to change my daughter’s name. She is 5 years old. I already taken affidavit from layer. Now I am looking for next step. Plz help me for further process. Thanking you in advance.

    Poornima says: posted on 07 Jul, 2017

    Have you already changed following the necessary legal procedure or are you still looking to opt for Gazette notification?

    Surekhabahen says: posted on 06 Jul, 2017

    Changed name as surekhaben

post comment