Name Change Procedure is the newest exciting thing that you can now do online. After reading this, you might think, if only more people knew about what most certainly sounds easy and enticing at the same time. LegalDesk.com is one such startup that functions as water to all your hiccups that come in the way of getting things done in our bureaucracy, which is infamous for delays and has the notoriety to be called as Kafkaesque! Although transitioning this procedure into an online one should make things easy and hassle free, it doesn’t necessarily free us from following the mundane steps recommended by the Government that should get us to the result.
What we specialize in the overall procedure of Name Changing is the Affidavit Creation, Newspaper Ad Publication and the Publication of Name Change Ad in the Gazette.
Some of the common reasons that we hear from individuals opting for Change of Name is marriage, divorce, residence abroad, astrology/numerology, religion, or simply because of a spelling mistake in one of their documents or marks cards. As the reasons vary, the template of the Affidavit varies. If your reason for Name Change doesn’t belong to any of the ones already mentioned, you can state the same and we will get back to you with a template suiting your needs. The statement of cause for Change of Name must in all circumstances be stated in the Affidavit, or the purpose of which becomes non-functional.
Steps To Follow For Change Of Name In Telangana
Procure Police Verification Certificate
For the purpose of procuring a Police Verification Certificate, visit the police station that operates in the jurisdiction of your permanent address. Here, the authorities concerned will help you procure the required certificate. Before visiting make sure you carry the copies of the aforementioned documents –
- 2 recent passport sized photographs
- A letter to the station officer explaining your reasons and usage of the certificate
- Identity Proof – Ration Card, Aadhar card, Voter Id or PAN Card (at least one)
- Address proof – Copy of Rent Agreement, Electricity Bill, Voter ID, PAN Card or Aadhar Card (one of these)
- Birth Certificate
- 10th class marks card
- Degree qualification certificate, if any
2. Create An Affidavit Of Change Of Name
To create an affidavit of change of name one has to state their full name, current address and reason for Change of Name (the statement of which is optional). All this must be printed on a Stamp Paper of required denomination which is mostly ₹ 10. You can procure this from a local Stamp Vendor or from the nearest Sub-Registrar Office. Otherwise, you can also ask us to create your affidavit online in real time and get the same delivered with the Stamp Paper to your doorstep.
As mentioned earlier, there can be many reasons for change of name, some of which are –
- Name Change Affidavit
- Name Change Affidavit for Marriage
- Name Change Affidavit for Minor
- Name Change Affidavit for one and the same name
- Name Correction Affidavit
- Name Change Affidavit for change of name in the passport – Annexure E
If the draft of the Affidavit is ready and you are looking for a Stamp Paper you can avail our Print and Delivery Service which serves to bring Stamp vendors to your doorstep. With this service, you can upload the soft copy of your Affidavit to our website, make the payment online and wait for it to arrive.
3. Procurement And Submission of Annexure 1
The creation of both the Affidavit and the Police Verification Certificate is for the purpose of getting the certification of the Annexure 1. These application forms can be procured from the Tahsildar’s Office or the nearest eSEVA center whose jurisdiction covers the location of your residence. Minor or Major, any applicant has to pay ₹ 200 for the procurement of the application for Name Change. Documents that has to be enclosed with the above application are –
- Police Verification Certificate
- Affidavit for Name Change
- Identity Proof – Ration Card, Voters ID, PAN card, or Aadhar Card
- 10th-Grade Certificate
- Higher qualifications’ certificate, if any
- Birth Certificate
- Recent Passport size photograph
4. Receiving approval of Annexure 1 in the form of Annexure 2
Once you have paid the stipulated fee for the application of Annexure 1 at the eSEVA Center, you have to await the certification of the same in the form of Annexure 2. Procure the acknowledgment letter given at the end of submission of the Annexure 1 and return on the specified date and time to receive the certification of the former application.
5. Newspaper Ad Publication
Newspaper Ad Publication is another step in the Name Change Procedure we help you complete. Once your Affidavit is attested by a Notary, Oath Administrator or a SEM Advocate, the name of the arresting officer along with the details enclosed in the affidavit should be published in a national regional newspaper in not more than 50 words. Newspaper ad publication is also mandated for the purpose of Change of Name in one’s passport.
6. Private Ad Publication in Telangana State Gazette
A private ad publication in the Telangana Gazette elicits a payment of ₹ 375. This can be done by visiting the Gazette Office in Hyderabad. Though Gazette Publication is not a mandatory step in the process of Name Change, it is nevertheless recommended for it can be asked while changing names in Ration Card or while availing State/ LPG subsidies. Here are all the documents you’ll need for the purpose of Gazette Publication –
- A letter to the commissioner of the government press of Chanchalguda, Hyderabad stating the reason for the change of name and also requesting an Ad publication.
- Copies of ad publication in one local newspapers.
- Tahsildar certificate issued by the eSEVA center also known as Annexure 2.
- Identity Proof – Ration Card, Voters ID, Aadhar Card, PAN Card
- PAN Card
- 10th grade marks certificate
- Copy of certificate of the last degree you qualified
- 2 recent passport sized photographs
- Demand draft or cheque of ₹ 375 (may vary) in order to show the payment made for the Gazette Publication.
Start Your Name Change Procedure Now!
In order to start using our services to procure an Affidavit, click the ‘Create Name Change Affidavit’ button and start customizing your Affidavit. Though this doesn’t necessarily mean that that the entire process of Name Change can be completed online, it is surely a start for something big as we are currently working on covering the Gazette Publication all over India. What clearly sets us apart from the conventional methods of procuring legal documents is the provision to supervise every step of the work through the provision of customization of the templates. You can make suggestions as to what sentences or clauses that could be added, eventually leading to better specifications and stating of facts. Before you go, do check the array of other legal documents that we help you create.
In case you are planning to go for name change through the Central Gazette, then we would be glad to help you out in your every step. Just click the button below to avail Name Change Package.